Friday, August 5, 2011

Getting into the Groove of Things

Sorry for being M.I.A on here but I have been tending to my own little one these past few weeks… Miss Mia Hana. The past couple of months have been quite an adventurous one... giving birth and diving into the role of motherhood tops the chart. But boy do I miss the nights of non-interrupted slumber but it’s all worth it when I see my little dumpling growing and thriving. She is also becoming quite a little chunker too and I love it!

Little Mia was due to come into the world on June 23rd (although in my mind, she was due on June 20th) but she made her entrance into the world on Friday, June 24th, 2011 at 8:24 am. I’m going to keep my birth story short.

On June 23rd, I was 3cm dilated. My doc swept my membranes at noon and I went into labor around 10:45pm that evening (didn’t know I was having contractions- thought it was going to be menstrual cramps but I had stomachaches instead). Luckily, Reagan gets home from work at 11pm… so when he got home, he installed the car seat “just in case.” Good thing he did because those stomachaches turned out to be contractions. We called the hospital at 2am, they told us to come in. I didn’t want to look too crappy so in between contractions, I was putting on some make-up. LOL. We got to the hospital at 3:30am, they didn’t check/admit me until 5 am because all the docs and midwives were busy with other preggers… so the nurse checked me only to find out in a panic that I was already 7-8 cm dilated. They quickly got me into a room and I got my epidural within 30 mins. because I wanted to enjoy my birth… but my epi only worked on the left side of my body so I still felt contractions on the right. I saw the whole birth through the mirror and honestly, it was pretty fascinating. Reagan was literally in awe of the whole experience.

One of my girlfriends took some cute newborn pictures and made a couple of birth announcements for me. Thanks Maisee!!



I sometimes get comments that SHE is a HE... hehe... some moms get bothered by it but I don't... honestly, you can't tell sometimes and I even call her a boy at times. LOL!


I think it's SUPER funny to see her cross eyed but deep down, I do worry that it might be permanent :/


My sweet little dumpling... sleeping... something I would love to do again


This one is my favorite...


I took these pics when she was 3 weeks old (when these hats came in)... boy was it challenging... now I understand when my girlfriend said it was best to take them before they turn 2 weeks old.

Now I'm getting back into the groove of things and adjusting to all the new changes and I'm excited to do some photoshoots. I have a session with a 6 month old and a newborn this coming week... I'm excited to see how it turns out so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment